Order of Election
Notice of Election
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for
Place on the Ballot
The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 7, 2022. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 19-February 18, 2022. Find additional election-related dates and information at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/voter/important-election-dates.shtml (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
The positions to be filled at the next General Election are:
- Councilmember #1
- Councilmember #2
Qualifications for Office
Type A City (Local Gov’t Code, Section 22.032)
- Residence — 1 year in state prior to filing deadline; 6 months in the city (or ward) prior to filing deadline (Texas Elec. Code, Section 141.001(a); Brown v. Patterson, 609 SW 2nd 287)
- Age — 18
- Must be a registered voter in territory elected from by the filing deadline*
Applications for a Place on the Ballot are found at the following website: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
The first day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot in the May 7, 2021 General Election will be Wednesday, January 19, 2021. The last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot will be Friday, February 18, 2022.
2022 Election Schedule
- January 1, 2022 – First day to apply for a ballot by mail.
- January 19, 2022 – First day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot.
- February 18, 2022 – Last day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot.
- April 7, 2022 -Last day to register to vote.
- April 25, 2022 – First day of Early Voting – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 26, 2022 – Last day to apply for a ballot by mail. (Received, not Postmarked)
- May 3, 2022 – Last day of Early Voting.
- May 7, 2022 – Last day to receive ballot my mail.
- May 7, 2022 – Election Day.