2023 GENERAL ELECTION CANDIDATE PACKET
ORDER OF ELECTION
ORDEN DE ELECCIÓN PARA LOS MUNICIPIOS
Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
Notice of Election
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 4, 2024. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 17-February 16, 2024. Find additional election-related dates and information at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/voter/important-election-dates.shtml (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
The positions to be filled at the next General Election are:
Qualifications for Office
Type A City (Local Gov’t Code, Section 22.032)
- Residence — 1 year in state prior to filing deadline; 6 months in the city (or ward) prior to filing deadline (Texas Elec. Code, Section 141.001(a); Brown v. Patterson, 609 SW 2nd 287)
- Age — 18
- Must be a registered voter in territory elected from by the filing deadline*
Applications for a Place on the Ballot are found at the following website: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
The first day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot in the May 4, 2024 General Election will be Wednesday, January 17, 2024. The last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot will be Friday, February 16, 2024, 5 p.m.
2024 Election Schedule
- January 1, 2024 – First day to apply for a ballot by mail.
- January 17, 2024 – First day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot.
- February 16, 2024 (By 5 p.m.) Last day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot.
- April 4, 2024 -Last day to register to vote.
- April 22, 2024 – First day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- April 23, 2024 – Last day to apply for a ballot by mail. (Received, not Postmarked)
- April 30, 2024 – Last day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- May 4, 2024 – Last day to receive ballot my mail.
- May 4, 2024 – Election Day.